The top two questions we all ask when building a new blog are: Does this blog niche really get people’s attention? And… Does this topic help me make money? (or more money?)
You will then receive the following advice: Please select a topic that you are really passionate about! And go with it first and then you will also earn money!
Correct! But the truth is that some blog topics are hard to make money or maybe but very little!
So if you really want to make money from blogging then the problem here is that you will have to balance the passion and popularity (the interest of people).
I believe: To truly earn money from blogging you can not just go with the passion you need to go with the popularity!
More specifically you need: Identify a problem that many people are facing and help them solve that problem through your blog!
Ok, so let’s see what problems people are having (especially in the coming 2019)
5 Blog Niches That Get Good Traffic and Make Good Money In 2019
Note that the 5 blog topics below are very large and in each topic you can completely “dig deeper” and choose a smaller “niche”. I will try to give you as much detail as possible. And do not forget to leave your suggestion in the comment section if I have not mentioned it yet!
- 1. Make money online
- 2. Personal Finance
- 3. Lifestyle
- 4. Health – Fitness
- 5. Technology
- 6. Expanded list
- 7. Update for 2019
- 8. Conclusion
1. Make money online
Many bloggers make money online by teaching others how to make money online! And so a lot of people started a blog with the topic of making money online with the desire to make money but then never earn money!
That’s the truth! This is a wrong approach and a lot of people are approaching this way!
Remember that online money making stories from well-known bloggers (who make a lot of money) are always hoarded so you’re almost caught up in their “story”, and then you choose the topic same same to theirs.
So the question is: Should beginner bloggers choose the the making money online topic? Yes, You still can! But you need to approach this topic on a journey rather than “jump in” just to make money online.
When I first came to the concept of blogging, I decided to go with the subject of making money online but I approached it by setting a clear goal: Guide you make money online & build passive income from the internet!
And so to guide others to blog and help them generate income, I must first generate income from the blog. How can you teach or guide others to make money when you can not make money?
That is how you build the goal of making money online according to the roadmap. That means you need to build credibility, generating results from your online earning work. Then you can write about making money online!
How do bloggers make money from this topic?
Most of them usually generate income from affiliate marketing, but in the end most of them will try to offer their own services and products. And online courses, book publishing and ebook sales are the most commonly used way!
2. Personal Finance
People often confuse this topic with the topic of making money online. However, when referring to a personal finance blog, that means the blog will help people learn how to manage their finances effectively.
A blog about ways to increase your income, distribute your income streams on investment forms is a kind of personal finance blog.
However, as the topic is broad, so you need to shrink and target a specific form of investment that will be more effective. For example, investing in real estate, stocks, Cryptocurrency or sharing knowledge about insurance.
This is a very broad field and a lot of bloggers exploit. If you do well, the income opportunity from this topic is not bad either. Fields related to this topic will usually be:
- Fashion – Beauty
Cover all the topics that many people are interested in in everyday life. Often, to generate good income and develop a blog on these topics you need to become an influencer to the community itself.
The best way to make money for blogs is usually to advertise for brands. The combination with social networking will support very well for blogs with lifestyle themes
4. Health – Fitness
This is also one of the topics in the potential field for developing a blog. In addition to money, relationships, health is always the top concern.
With this topic you can thoroughly dig deeper to target a very niche market. For example, if you are a fitness enthusiast, you can build a blog about bodybuilding.
The world is changing everyday and the most dramatic change is technology! So in 2019 this technology topic will still appeal to everyone and you will have plenty of opportunities!
Keep in mind that the technology of the year 2019 is not about the internet, computer tricks, WordPress tips … anymore! All of that is over, and there are so many bloggers have done about them.
So the technology of 2019 must be Blockchain technology, artificial intelligence (AI), cryptocurrency exchange… This will be a new land for you to set foot in and explore very well for the coming years.
6. Expanded list
a. The Health Niche
This niche is HUGE and not going anywhere anytime soon. There are literally THOUSANDS of sub-niches within this industry that are just ripe for the taking! Take a look at some of the TOP level sub-niches within health & fitness, then some of their sub niches below!
- Weight Loss
- For Women
- For Men
- For Overweight Kids
- For Teens
- For Specific Body Parts
- Tummy Fat
- Upper Arm Fat
- Double Chins
- Man Boobs
- Any other body part people are self conscience about
- Weight Gain
- Muscle Building
- Workout Videos
- The Sky is the Limit!
- Cure Diabetes
- Getting Pregnant
- Teeth Whitening
- Depression (yup – it’s mental health)
- Male Enhancement
- Natural Health
- Hair Loss
- Yoga Accessories! Yoga Mats, Yoga Blocks, Yoga DVDs, etc.
- Growing Taller (yes, really)
- Quit Smoking
- Stress Management
b. The Dating Niche
The dating niche is another big one and one of the “top 3” as it’s never going away!
I’ve personally made a lot of money in this niche from both males and females, and my friend’s Female Dating Advise website (using a pen name) has gotten a lot of traffic and a lot of positive attention.
Here are just a few ideas within the dating niche:
- How to get a girlfriend
- How to get a boyfriend
- How to get your ex back
- How to spruce up your sex life
- How to spruce up your love life
- Dating Advice for Men
- Dating Advice for Women
- How to save your relationship
- Online Dating
- Dating for Men over 50
- Dating for men over 50 who want to date younger women
- Sugar Daddy Dating (Where to meet Rich Men, where to find wealthy single men, etc)
c. The MMO (Make Money Online) Niche
MMO (Make Money Online) is another niche that’s NOT going to go away. Every day, people are turning 18 and looking for ways to make money online. This is another HUGE evergreen niche and will be just as popular 20 years from now as it is today.
Not the best choice for newbies, but a good niche none-the-less. Here are a few of the sub-niches within this massive niche.
- How to Make Money Online
- Online Jobs
- Business Opportunity (Biz Op)
- Search Engine Optimization
- Facebook Marketing
- Twitter Marketing
- Youtube Marketing
d. The ‘Learn to Sing or play an instrument’ Niche
Fairly self explanitory, but learning to play various musical instruments is also hot, and probably not going away anytime soon.
- Learn how to sing
- How to Play Guitar
- How to Play Piano
- How to Play Drums
e. Learn to speak another language
f. The Green Energy Niche
- Solar Power
- Alternative Energy
- Battery Reconditioning
g. Spirituality and Alternative Beliefs
Things like numerology and horoscope are hotter than ever, and not going away! There are PLENTY of sub-niches here for ‘those who dare’ to get into them
- Personal Development
- Manifestation, quit procrastinating, etc
h. The Survival Niche
This is another niche i’ve made (and still do make) a lot of money in with my various survival websites.
- Home Defense
- Grow your Own Food
I could literally go on FOREVER with expanding these. There are obviously THOUSANDS of other niches out there, but these are some of the most obvious.
7. Update for 2019
- Self improvement/Self-Hypnosis
- Health & Fitness for Busy People
- Language Learning Blogs
- How to Travel on a Budget (Best hotel deals. Car rental. Trip advice.)
- Writing Style
- Rescued Animals
- Personal Development (Passions & Ambition Pursuing)
- Social Dynamics & Communication Skills
- Working in Uncommon Fields of Expertise While Location Independence
- Self Defense
- Recipes for couples without children
- Male guide to female communication
- Using technology in small business (Google Docs, CRM, credit card processing)
- Blogging about special kinds of foods (we’ve got a course on this one!)
- Bullying/cyber bullying
- Behavioral disorders in children
- Body-weight training
- Entrepreneurial education for young children & adults
- Disc Golf
- DIY Projects, DIY Business and Selling Homemade Items
- How to have a Strong Marriage
- How to be a real and true friend
- How to Train for a Triathlon
- Careers vs job: following your passion
- Getting VMWare Certified
- Getting Microsoft Certified
- Self-sustaining lifestyle (grow your own food/ use solar power etc)
- Mind strengthening (mind over matter/ lucid dreaming)
- Beyond the basics of personal financial management
- Healthy eating blog
- Home brewing beer
- Self defense training (“for women” or “for children” or “for business executives”)
- Indie Video Game Development
- Video Game tactics shown through video tutorials
- Helping small businesses get more customers
- Community gardening/Urban farming
- Starting and running your own social network
- Point and Shoot Photography (How to create incredible photographs with whatever camera you have in your pocket)
- Blog & Website Design for Non Designers (How to make your blog look incredible without spending a fortune)
- The Art of Getting What You Want (How to use confidence and technique to get what you want from life, your relationships and your career)
- Make Good Video for the Web (How to leverage the video medium to take your brand, blog, website, or business to the next level)
- Self-Employment (The logistics behind how to start working for yourself (i.e. How to leave your job, find health insurance, set up an LLC, etc.)
- How to write an e-bestseller (How could we document the process of creating an Amazon Kindle (or other electronic format) bestseller.)
- Rapid Language Learning
- How to become a better writer
- How to lose weight and feel awesome (Even at middle age! The Primal/Paleo way)
- Vegan diet
- Cycling. More specifically, urban commuting.
- Apartment living (this could range from renter issues to decor, etc.)
- Interior design blog
- Eating organic on a tight budget
- Health conscious, High mileage, Minimalist traveling
- How to Become a Famous Rock-star
- Sports Photography
- Life skills/life coaching for high school students
- College planning for homeschoolers
- Speaking in Public (How to overcome the fear to the audience; minimalistic approach to presentations, etc.)
- A Family related site (Topics centered mostly on improving the relationship between family members; how to increase the creativity of kids and specially parents; how to help kids to find their passion and inner peace.)
- Alternative Running Events (Mudruns, Tough Mudder, Spartan Race, Warrior Dash, etc.)
- Learning the Ukulele
- Learn How to Play Guitar
- How to Get What You Want Without Breaking the Law or Burning Bridges
- Becoming a wine connoisseur
- Build a boat and cross the Pacific in it
- Getting good at tennis and qualifying for Wimbledon
- Regular Surfing
- How mobile applications that can improve one’s work productivity, relationships with friends and family, and overall quality of life.
- Simpler Living (a blog that will explore and map a journey from a miserable 6 figure a year traditional way of living back to an often forgotten way of life.)
- The best “places” around the world & do they live up to the hype?
- How to do travel photography/videography
- The Great Recession (A blog based upon a sustainable lifestyle with a smaller footprint.)
- Building an iPhone application
- The end of the world and the Maya prophecies for December 21st, 2012
- Car maintenance
- Running a Small Agile Business (we’ve got a 9 stage blogging/business roadmap for this)
- A “Good Cause” Site (Telling the Stories of Successful Non-Profits & Charities)
- The world of virtual conferences
- QR codes. How to best use them in small business Marketing.
- Inspire Bootstrappers (A blog to inspire bootstrappers by posting real bootstrapper success stories.)
So with this article I hope to help you choose some of the potential blogging topics that be able to grow very well in the coming 2019 (maybe even many years later).
Basically, these topics are still in the areas where people are most interested, such as finance, health … and with each blog topic, there are different ways to make money to apply the most appropriate.
However, in terms of the long-term and the strategy of developing a blog into an online business (Online Business), ultimately, regardless of what your blog is heading to, you also need to develop the products / services of yourself instead of relying on advertising or affiliate marketing.
Do I miss any of the potential blog topics? Do not hesitate to give me more ideas on the topics that you think will receive the most attention and make money in 2019 best here!
Image Credit: Personalfinanceinsider, Thehealthorange, Lemerg, Youtube, medicine.llu.edu